Now DEFENDO also available for FujiTM endoscopes!
MEDIVATORS DEFENDO® Sterile Single Use Valves help prevent potential patient safety risks and eliminate the need for manual cleaning and reprocessing. Packaged sterile, MEDIVATORS DEFENDO® Sterile Single Use Valves easily incorporate into your infection prevention policy as a single-patient use item.
Endoscope valves are vital, sophisticated devices that require regular meticulous cleaning procedures. There are over 30 steps to proper manual cleaning and reprocessing of biopsy, air/water and suction valves, which can make the cleaning process difficult, if not impossible.
Healthcare-related infections from endoscopy continue to occur for two reasons:
- Failure to adhere to current disinfection guidelines
- Because of the complex design of endoscopes, which includes “springs and valves” as part of the endoscope that complicate adequate disinfection.1,2,3
DEFENDO™ Sterile Single Use Air/Water, Suction and Biopsy Valves:
- Eliminate manual cleaning and reprocessing of reusable valves
- Help create consistent practices
- Reduce the potential for errors
- Available for OLYMPUS® Endoscopes, FUJITM serie 500/600 and PENTAX® 90 Series GI Endoscopes
- Kelly M. Pyrek (2002, june). "Nooks and Crannies: The Breeding Grounds for Bacteria," Infection Control Today
- Parente, David M., B.S., B.A., MBA (2006). "Could biopsy port valves be a source for potential flexible endoscope contamination?" NAMSA Advisory Services, Consulting and Testing Services Group.
- Wheeler PW, & col. (1989 May). "Bronchopulmonary cross-colonization and infection related to mycobacterial contamination of suction valves of bronchoscopes." J Infect Dis 159:954-8.